Saturday, September 13, 2008

This Little Girl Is Growing Up

I think I've scared my parents with my growing sense of responsibility. Must have startled them even further when they realized that I could actually be left home alone with a credit card (to be used "ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES") and not max it out. I even called my mom when I realized we had run out of milk, bread, and various other amenities needed for my little brother's lunches, for which I didn't have enough cash left over to buy. It's times like these when I myself realize the changes I have come to make in my life.
My close knit group of friends isn't so close to me anymore. I have the three or four people I trust, the ones I could never live without, and that's all I need. I avoid the typical drama of high school...and the not-so-typical drama from all the summer happenings. I've started my intense job hunt so I can stop relying on my "under-the-table" payment for the work I do at my parents business. I'm ready to move on with my life. I feel I've outgrown the nonsense my friends thrive on and the reliance on their parents.
Sometimes I miss the absolute freedom of not having to worry with money and work, but what my parents are putting me through now will help me SO much in the future. I know that. I've always known that everything my parents say and do for me is only to better prepare me for "reality". They may not think I've known this for as long as I have, (I do complain pretty much every second of the way, but I'm a teenager...isn't that what our job is all about?) but I take every lesson to heart. My parents have shaped my every move since I was a child and that will never change. What they have taught me will stay with me forever.

Now on to more exciting (and less insightful) things.

My family is (FINALLY) moving to an actual house. For anyone who has known me for any length of time, they would know that I have been living in dual apartments in a barn with the rest of my 5 person family. It's been 3 years of searching for a new home to move into (or build) and we have finally found a fit. My mom found the perfect old time-y house for her tastes and she's ready to renovate. (that is...as soon as we actually BUY the house.) I'm so excited to finally have my own room and an actual house. AWAY from my parents business. Yay for no more early morning feedings!
It'll be a huge change for everyone since we have gotten so used to this way of living. But it's a change we are all so ready to make. As of September 18th we will officially be renting this house and (hopefully) soon after, buying it. I can't wait to sleep in my old bed. With my old sheets and comforter and pillow. Everything has been packed away for so long.
Hopefully next time I'll have some pictures of our new home for everyone to see. Hopefully a few of my new Mini Australian Shepherd puppy, Ginger, too.

-Sammi G-

EDIT

So I just got a chance to look at Dir en Grey's new PV. The video is amazing and the song is even better. Diru's transition into a softer sort of rock was made extremely well and I can't wait to see what else they come up with in the future.

No comments: