Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Tazmanian Devil Resides In My Room

Yep. Just so you all know, no matter how many times I clean my room, a little Tasmanian Devil (you know...the little guy in the cartoons) literally TEARS through my room and trashes it. To make things worse we are moving. And my room has is the catch-all since it's the closest to the garage. It's no fun to wake up late and have to dig through 5 different piles of junk just to find a clean pair of pants and to add on to the great adventure of removing the little devil, we aren't even done moving. We still have a large POD to unpack. We will be unearthing boxes from 3 years ago. that's how long it has been since that thing was opened...THREE YEARS. I don't even remember what I packed in there. I do remember that I only had about 3 or 4 boxes in there. All at the very back. And I'm sleeping on a mattress...without sheets or a comforter. Oh yeah. I get to wait another 3 or 4 days until I can sleep comfortably.
This whole mess with moving has seriously thrown me off. I have been getting tired really early. I have no time to do my homework. And my job...well that's just getting in the way now. I really just want to go to my parents and tell them that I wont be able to work till I'm done putting everything away, but I know they wont let me do that. It's all about "responsibility" in my family. Learning to grow up in my house is one of the hardest things ever. But that is irrelevant. I just want a clean and organized room. Zen-like with clean lines and a simple color scheme. That's what I have always striven for. Simplicity. though I guess that's hard to achieve with a mini Tasmanian Devil and a teenage sense of "rebellion" (don't make me laugh).
I'm also having a problem with homework since this little trouble-maker has taken over my living space. I can't find it when I need it. I have nowhere to actually do my homework. And to top it all off I'm swamped with the stuff. I don't want to "make excuses" to my teachers...even if they are true. They'll never believe me. We're almost done moving all of our things from our old house and I guess that'll help. Once we get the Internet hooked up and the TV's everything will start to settle down. Since almost EVERY family relies on that small pleasure to relax. My family has been on go for the past week now. It isn't something I enjoy and I know it wipes us all out. Guess it's time to remove all those little devils from our rooms and our minds. Seeing as they are going a thousand miles a minute as well.
I just can't wait till everything is in it's place and we are moved in COMPLETELY. Then we can relax and I can bring my little puppy home. Poor girl has been stuck at the barn. Of course...then I'll have a little Tasmanian Devil living with me in a different sense. It'll take a bit of getting used to for her as well.
-Sammi G-

No comments: