Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time Flies When You're Stressing

It's been awhile since my last post hasn't it? I'm sorry to those of you who actually read this. Hahaha. I've been rather busy with school and work and college shtuff. I have some major catch up work to do in my Environmental Science class and even more work to get done in my Photography class. I also need to get a graphic design and photography portfolio put together for my college admissions. I'm afraid I may not get in though. Apparently I need to have actual drawn pieces ready for my portfolio...and I DON'T draw. At all. I suck at the whole taking an image from your mind and transferring it to paper thing. My hands just don't get the message. Maybe if they'll accept stick figures I can do it. xD
I also have my second set of SAT's to take this Saturday. I had totally forgotten about them until my mom brought them up last night at dinner. It made me upset to remember because I was SUPPOSED to be spending the entire weekend with one of my besties who is coming back from the girls home she was sent to in Bedford (wrongfully so, I might add). I haven't been studying for them AT ALL and I SUCK at math. I got a 510 on my math portion, a 550 on my critical reading portion, and a 600 on writing. Why is it that the writing portion NEVER plays a part in the admissions process? T.T
To add onto all the stress from school we STILL aren't done moving. Yeah I know. It shouldn't take 3+ weeks to move. But apparently it does for my family. I still don't have Internet access at home or cable for that matter -_-. Not that it would matter if we DID have Internet. My laptop is still broken. (REMINDER: Take laptop to Circuit City and have them replace the charger port and completely wipe the hard drive to re-install the original programing.) I'm going to have to convince my parents to pay for it somehow because I need to save all the money I can for my cosplay. o_O If you don't know what it is...then don't ask. You'll probably just end up more confused. If you REALLY want to know then e-mail me about it.
I've recently become (re)addicted to this website called Gaia. But for a TOTALLY different reason than it normally is. Normally I come back for the Roleplaying aspect but this time around it was for the virtual pixels that you dress your avatar with. Yeah...I know...it's lame. But that's who I am. A dorky, overly eccentric, too blunt for my own good, fashion obsessed person. I don't really think anyone can deny that. I also like that I get to meet a lot of new people on there. After all...I'm a VERY social person. (Why else would I be cosplaying than to get attention and for my love of the character?) Well while I was on Gaia a few days ago I met this guy who was SUPER fun to talk to. Like he was just like me. I didn't know where he was from or anything about him really accept for his username and such. Well we started talking about one of my fave anime (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) and it turns out he had cosplayed as my fave character. Lambo.
From there on we realized we had A TON more in common. The only thing is...he lives in Shibuya-ka. Which is in Japan. Goddammit! Why do they all live so far away? T.T Well he's like my Japanese Boy counterpart. We are so alike. I think his English name is funny though. But I don't ever call him by that name. I prefer his username. Wow...why am I even talking about this to you guys? o.O I guess because I have nothing better to do. But yeah...he's going to be here in the States for Christmas and he said he's going to try to visit. Am I counting on it? Not really. Do I think it'd be cool if he DID visit? Duh. But he's going to California, Hawaii, Texas, and New York. I mean really...I've NEVER been to Hawaii and I'm a citizen of the U.S. xDD
I've made plans to go to Japan...eventually. I really want to go this summer but my parents keep shooting that down and it sucks. I keep telling them to think of it as a Graduation/Birthday gift. Since my birthday is only days before my graduation date. Ironic isn't it? They've promised I can have a HUGE party this year for my Birthday...and one for New Years too. ^^ Which will be super fun. But blegh...I need to find another job so I can get some extra cash. They said that I MIGHT be able to go to Japan if I pay for half. Which means I'm going to be saving...A LOT. I don't mind though...it's a very reasonable deal. Plus I don't plan on spending an extremely long amount of time there. Just a week or two.
I should probably bring this entry to a close because yeah...it's gotten really long. This is probably the longest one I've written since my first one. I'll add some pictures in here of who I'm cosplaying and what made me fall in love with the guy from Japan (yes...that's what I'll refer to him as...or I could call him Trent xD). I may also include a few pictures of my new house and I dunno what else. Oh yeah...and that crush I mentioned...TOTALLY over it. Thank god. xD
-Sammi G-

1 comment:

Katie said...

AHH

we got the same thing on the SATs

not on the individual parts but as a whole